Ph.d in Landscape Architecture and Planning (2004), studied at University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences in Vienna
2002 - at Danube University Krems
- Leader of KnowComm Research Team(in the department of Knowledge and Communication Management)
- Project manager in research and consulting projects
- Course Director of postgraduate Course “Traffic telematics”
In Past (e.g)
- 1997- 2002 Technical Assistant at Austrian Federal Railways Company, landscape planning and environmental safety
- 1995-1997 Contract for work and services at several engineering consultants (traffic management and – planning)
- Perspectives on sustainable technology design
- Information design
- Usability and applications of traffic telematics
- Gender and IT
- MUTIK: Multiplikatorinnen in der IT Welt, 2002-2004 (Country of Lower Austria), EQUAL
- SITCOM: Simulation IT Carriers for Women, 2004-2006, Socrates (Minerva) project
- Gender Coordination for PROLIX, 2005-2009, 6th Framework, EU
- Coordinator of ADVANCE, Science and Society, 2006-2008, 6th Framework, EU
- Contribution to Work package 2 of Insafety, 2006-2008, 6th Framework, EU
Karin Siebenhandl has numerous international publications, of which here mentioned only few selected ones. For more complete list, see Karin Siebenhandl's Home Page (in German)
- Siebenhandl, Karin; Risku, Hanna; Brugger, Christof & Simlinger, Peter: Evaluating the comprehensibility of visualized information for the Trans-European Road Network (TERN) as part of the EU Project IN-SAFETY: INfrastructure and SAFETY. In: Proceedings of the International Conference Road Safety and Simulation 2007, November 7-9, 2007, Rome, Italy.
- Siebenhandl, Karin; Risku, Hanna; Brugger, Christof & Simlinger, Peter: Evaluating the Comprehensibility of Visualized Information for the Trans-European Road Network (TERN). In: Proceedings of the 20th Enhanced Safety of Vehicles Conference, June 18-21, 2007, Lyon, France.
- Karin Siebenhandl (2005): Usability Report, SITCOM: Simulating IT-Careers for Women, 114444-CP-1-2004-1-AT-Minerva-MPP.
- Sabine Zauchner, Karin Siebenhandl (2006): A Game for Girls - The Development of an Interactive Career Platform in: D. Grabe & L. Zimmermann (Eds.), Multimedia Applications in Education, Conference Proceedings, MAPEC, Graz.