- Vice Rector for Academic Affairs
- Head of the Department for Knowledge and Communication Management
- Professor of Cognitive Science
In Past (e.g)
- Lecturer at University of Vienna, Austria
- Lecturer at University of Skövde, Sweden
- Lecturer at University of Tampere, Finland
- Lecturer at University of Granada, Spain
Hanna Risku has worked at Danube University since 1999. Before, she has been lecturing at several universities. She was born in Finland, and she has studied Translation Studies at the University of Tampere, Finland, and at the University of Vienna, Austria, where she received her PhD 1996 and habilitation 2003.
Hanna Risku is a member of several scientific organizations, currently e.g.:
- President of the TCeurope, the European umbrella organisation for technical communication
- Head of International Relations at Tekom, the German professional association for technical communication and information development
- General Secretary of the Austrian Society for Cognitive Science (ASoCS)
- Member of the scientific committee of the Institut für Wissensorganisation (IWO)
- Cognitive Scientific Aspects of:
- Communication, especially intercultural and technical communication
- Translation as cooperative text design
- Usability, Human Computer Interaction
- Computer-Supported Cooperative Work
- Knowledge Management
Hanna Risku has numerous international publications, of which here mentioned only few selected ones. For the complete list, see List of Publications
- Siebenhandl, Karin; Risku, Hanna; Brugger, Christof & Simlinger, Peter (submitted): Evaluating the comprehensibility of visualized information for the Trans-European Road Network (TERN) as part of the EU Project IN-SAFETY: INfrastructure and SAFETY. In: Proceedings of the International Conference Road Safety and Simulation 2007, November 7-9, 2007, Rome, Italy.
- Siebenhandl, Karin; Risku, Hanna; Brugger, Christof & Simlinger, Peter (to appear): Evaluating the Comprehensibility of Visualized Information for the Trans-European Road Network (TERN). In: Proceedings of the 20th Enhanced Safety of Vehicles Conference, June 18-21, 2007, Lyon, France.
- Risku, Hanna & Hable, Franz (2006): Usability von Online-Geoinformationssystemen. Tagungsband des 9. Österreichischen Geodätentags, 3.-5.5.2006, Krems, 120-128.
- Risku, Hanna & Pircher, Richard (2005): Facilitating knowledge construction by ICT: Beyond things that make us dumb. In: Proceedings of the 20th International Symposium on Human Factors in Telecommunication, Sophia-Antipolis, France.
- Risku, Hanna & Pircher, Richard (to appear): Visual Aspects of Intercultural Technical Communication: A Cognitive Scientific and Semiotic Perspective. Special Issue on Visual Aspects of Translation of the journal meta, guest-edited by Klaus Kaindl and Riitta Oittinen. 23 S.
- Risku, Hanna (2001): Übersetzen und Technische Kommunikation: Kompetenz im Bereich Internationales Informationsdesign. Universitas 1/2001, 11–16.
- Risku, Hanna; Ström, Mette & Anderson, Bo Peter (1999): Intercultural Cognitive Ergonomics in Technical Communication.