IEEE CG&A 2012-1
Call for Papers: Visualization Applications and Design Studies for IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications’ January/February 2012 issue
Submissions due: 1 May 2011
Visualization is an increasingly important research area owing to its wide range of cross-discipline applications, such as medicine, physics, biology, sociology, statistics, and intelligence. Progress in this area has led to impressive applications and validation methods to assess visualizations’ effectiveness.
This special issue will focus on current tools and research in the challenging and important areas of applications and design studies. Possible topics include (but aren’t limited to)
- earth, space, and environmental sciences;
- geographic and geospatial visualization;
- molecular, biomedical, and medical visualization;
- bioinformatics visualization;
- business and finance visualization;
- collaboration and social visualization;
- visualization in social and information sciences;
- software visualization;
- visualization in education, in the humanities, and for the masses;
- multimedia visualization;
- security visualization;
- text visualization; and
- applications in public safety, intelligence, logistics, and so on.
Articles should be no more than 8,000 words, with each figure counting as 200 words. Cite only the 12 most relevant references, and consider providing technical background in sidebars for nonexpert readers. Color images are preferable and should be limited to 10. Visit CG&A style and length guidelines at www.computer.org/cga/author.html.
Please submit your paper using the online manuscript submission service at https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/cs-ieee. When uploading your paper, please select the appropriate special-issue title under the category “Manuscript Type.” Also include complete contact information for all authors. If you have any questions about submitting your article, contact the peer review coordinator at email@example.com.
Questions? Please direct any correspondence before submission to the guest editors: Giuseppe Di Battista , firstname.lastname@example.org,
Jean-Daniel Fekete, Jean-Daniel.Fekete@inria.fr Huamin Qu, email@example.com