2018-07-12: DL Extension: VizSec 2018 Deadline Extended
VizSec brings together researchers and practitioners in information? visualization and security to address the specific needs of the cyber? security community through new and insightful visualization techniques.? VizSec 2018 will be held in Berlin, Germany in conjunction with IEEE VIS on? Monday October 22nd.?
VizSec solicits both full and short papers, both of which will be published? in the proceedings that will be published by IEEE. VizSec also solicits? posters. Authors of accepted papers and posters must guarantee that their? papers and posters will be presented at the conference.?
Full papers describing novel contributions in security visualization are? solicited. Papers may present techniques, applications, theory, analysis,? experiments, or evaluations. We encourage the submission of papers on? technologies and methods that improve cyber security practices, including,? but not limited to:
- Situation awareness and/or understanding
- Incident handling including triage, exploration, correlation, and response
- Computer forensics
- Recording and reporting results of investigations
- Assisting proactive security configuration and deployment
- Reverse engineering and malware analysis
- Vulnerability management
- Multiple data source analysis
- Analyzing information requirements for computer network defense
- Evaluation and/or user testing of VizSec systems
- Criteria for assessing the effectiveness of cyber security visualizations (whether from a security goal perspective or a human factors perspective)
- Modeling system and network behavior
- Modeling attacker and defender behavior
- Studying risk and impact of cyber attacks
- Predicting future attacks or targets
- Security metrics and education
- Software security
- Mobile application security
- Social networking privacy and security
When applicable, visualization and interaction techniques that effectively? capture the insights of human analysts and/or allow analysts to collaborate? efficiently are particularly desirable.
Submissions including tests and evaluations of existing tools and techniques? are also considered particularly desirable. If possible, making the data? used for the tests available will also be considered positively. If you do? not have real-world data to demonstrate your visualization, you may be? interested in looking at the VizSec Data Sets page: http://vizsec.org/data/
Full Papers should be at most 8 pages including the bibliography and appendices.
Short papers describing practical applications of security visualization are? solicited. We encourage the submission of papers discussing the introduction? of cyber security visualizations into operational context, including, but? not limited to:
- Cases where visualization made positive contributions towards meeting operational needs
- Gaps or negative outcomes from visualization deployments
- Situations where visualization was not utilized, but could have had a positive impact
- Lessons learned from operational engagements
- Insights gained from the transition process
Cyber security practitioners from industry, as well as the research? community, are encouraged to submit case studies.
Short papers should be at most 4 pages including the bibliography? and appendices.
Poster submissions may showcase late-breaking results, work in progress,? preliminary results, or visual representations relevant to the VizSec? community. The poster program will be a great opportunity for the authors to? interact with the attendees and solicit feedback. Accepted poster abstracts? will be made available on the VizSec website : http://vizsec.org/vizsec2018/
Papers and Short Papers:
- Jul 22: Submission Deadline (extended)
- Aug 15: Author Notification
- Aug 24: Camera Ready Deadline
- Aug 29: Abstract Deadline
- Sep 9: Author Notification
The VizSec 2018 proceedings will be published by IEEE. Submissions must be? formatted using the IEEE "Conference Style" template that can be found at:
All submissions must be in PDF format.
Please submmit papers and short papers here:
After logging in, click the submissions link on the top navigation bar. Select Society: VGTC, Conference: VizSec 2018.
Posters will be submitted via email instead of PCS. For more information, please see []