2012-04-25: Job: Postdoc positions at Yahoo! Research Barcelona, Spain
Yahoo! Labs in Barcelona (Spain) has several openings for postdoc positions in data mining, information retrieval, HCI, and visualization with emphasis in the areas of social-network analysis and topic modeling, within the context of EU-funded projects.
Yahoo! Labs is pioneering the new sciences underlying the web. As the center of scientific excellence for Yahoo!, Yahoo! Labs delivers both fundamental and applied scientific leadership through published research and new technologies powering the company's products.
Selected candidates will be working together with our scientists to develop novel algorithms for processing and mining extremely large amounts of data coming from user action logs and social networks. Successful candidates should have demonstrated their ability to perform high-quality original research in the areas of data mining, social-network and social-media analysis, information-propagation analysis, social-influence analysis, and/or topic modeling. Candidates should also be proficient in developing proof-of-concept prototypes and experimenting with novel algorithms in a variety of platforms for processing very large data sets.
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science;
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Proven ability to perform high-quality original research in any of the areas above (data mining, information retrieval, HCI, visualization) both independently and as a member of a team;
- Experience in research and/or development of applications in the areas of social networks and/or social media and/or topic modeling;
- Proven ability to develop proof-of-concept prototypes for experimenting with novel algorithms;
- Experience in distributed processing of large data sets (Hadoop/Pig a plus)
- Proficiency in at least one of Python, Perl, C/C++, Java;
- Experience with UNIX systems;
Please submit your application, including a research statement, CV and the name of at least two reference persons, by email to email@example.com
by Francesco Bonchi via DBWorld