2012-04-11: CFP: VINCI'12 (Int. Symp. on Visual Information Communication and Interaction), Sept. 27-28, Hangzhou, China
The International Symposium on Visual Information Communication and Interaction (VINCI) is a multi-disciplinary conference that provides a forum for researchers, artists, designers, and industrial practitioners to discuss the state of the art in visual communication theories, designs, and applications.
VINCI has been previously held in Sydney (VINCI '2009), Beijing (VINCI '2010), and Hong Kong (VINCI '2011). VINCI '2012 will be held in the Year of the Dragon on September 27 and 28 in the beautiful city of Hangzhou, China.
We are soliciting high quality, research papers reporting on original research as well as system development experiences across a wide spectrum of interests and disciplines, including computer science, design, arts, sociology, anthropology and psychology. We are particularly interested in work that bridges the divide between technology, art and design. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Visual Analytics
- Information visualization
- Cognitive aspects of visual information comprehension
- Graph drawing and visualization
- Graphical user interface design
- Software visualization
- Usability or empirical study of new visual metaphors
- Visual approaches to knowledge discovery
- Visual programming and modeling languages
- Visualization on mobile devices
- Aesthetics in visual communication and digital media
- New media in art and design
- Interaction methods (touch-based, haptic, vision-based, multi-modality)
- Visual metaphors and symbols
- Design theory in the digital age
- Game design
Accepted papers will be published by ACM Press and made available in the ACM Digital Library. Like VINCI’10 and VINCI’11 papers, accepted VINCI’12 papers will be EI-indexed. Selected papers will be published in a special issue of appropriate journals including the Journal of Visual Languages and Computing (JVLC) and International Journal of Software and Informatics (IJSI).
VINCI 2012 offers a timely venue for artists, designers, industrial practitioners and researchers to present their ongoing projects, discuss innovative ideas and new problems or applications, and gain feedback from the community about their work. Authors will have a chance to give a short presentation at the demonstration session to discuss work and interact with the audience. The submitted documents can be formed as:
- Posters: Submit a two-page paper describing work on topics listed above. Authors of accepted posters are required to bring a large hardcopy poster for display. Posters have no predefined formatting, but the dimensions may not exceed A0 paper size (841mm X 1189mm). Posters are not considered archival publications and thus can have subsequent full papers submitted to other conferences or journals.
- Demos: Submit a one-page paper describing the system to be demonstrated. The live demo is limited to 20 minutes. Presenters should provide their own equipment if needed.
- Videos: Submit a one-page paper describing a pre-captured movie in standard formats. The video demo is limited to 20 minutes. Presenters can show and narrate the videos.
- Paper submission deadline: June 30, 2012
- Notification of acceptance: August 15, 2012
- Camera-ready paper due: Aug. 31, 2012