2011-09-12: Job: Mid-level UX/DataViz Developer, New York City
This is a full time, on-site, salaried UX/Data Visualization Developer position located in New York City paying a salary of $80,000 to $110,000 depending on experience + benefits. No telecommuting allowed. US Citizens or Green Card holders only please. Local candidates only. Full company details provided to qualified applicants. Thank you.
Our client believes that to build a great product, you need great people. They enjoy working with other smart, focused people to build the next generation of web applications to help architects design and build sustainable (green) buildings. With a strong customer demand, and a solid development roadmap ahead of them, they continue to build an extraordinary team of developers and engineers. They are now looking for an energetic and experienced UX/Data Visualization Developer who can add further skills and capacity to their world class team.
The Challenge: You'll be working in our brilliant frontend development team to deliver groundbreaking visualization solutions to very large and complex data sets. We do a lot of data visualization, but graphs and charts don't cut it. We're experimenting with all kinds of 3D visualization in the browser, WebGL, and much, much more. Your first challenge will be to design a HTML5+JS visualization framework capable of exploration of multiple gigabytes worth of remotely hosted building physics data. Future UX challenges include the creation of new user interfaces for our award winning web based and mobile design tools. You'll be building on our cloud platform and leveraging all the strengths of our virtualization environment. From day one, the software you'll be building will have a large and immediate impact on the success of our product. In short, this position is an excellent opportunity to join a young software business with a big mission and plenty of growth ahead.
- Ability to make pixel perfect sites that meet the design requirements and integrating code with the backend development team
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop; able to design and cut up comps with ease
- Strong XHTML skills; knowledge of how to use appropriate hooks in XHTML to limit the amount of classes and ID's required on a page
- Deep understanding of CSS inheritance and how to use it to your advantage
- Solid CS background - Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (Masters/PhD a plus)
- Strong understanding of object oriented design concepts, theory and design patterns
- Top notch portfolio demonstrating your UI, UX, HCI or DataViz expertise
If you are interested in this job, please submit your RESUME and SALARY requirements to opensourcestaffing|AT|gmail.com
by Beau J. Gould via CHI-JOBS mailing list