2011-02-18: Job Offer: PhD Position in Information Visualization, Linnaeus University, Sweden
Job status: full time
Location: Växjö, Sweden
Subject Area: Computer Science with specialization in Information Visualization
- Graduate studies in the field of Computer Science, in particular Information Visualization, with a doctoral degree as the goal.
- Research in the field of Computer Science with a particular focus on the field of Information Visualization.
- No more than 20% of working time will be dedicated to teaching, tutoring and examination in Computer Science.
Bases of assessment
General entry requirements comprise a completed undergraduate program of at least 240 credits, including 60 credits at advanced level, or the equivalent knowledge in some other way in or out of Sweden. The specific entry requirements are at least a Master’s degree in Computer Science or any equivalent education.
Other bases of assessment
Good knowledge in the focused research area "Information Visualization" is a strong advantage. However, everybody who is strongly interested in Information Visualization and Human-Computer Interaction is encouraged to apply. Demonstrated working experience within the focused research and educational areas is a great advantage, e.g. within the following topics:
- Network Visualization and/or Graph Drawing
- Collaborative visual analysis of large data sets
- Experiences in specific application domains and their visualization, for instance in social and biochemical networks
- Multimodal interaction in the context of visualization
Good command in English is required.
Basis of assessment for admission to graduate studies is the degree of ability to benefit from the graduate program. Since the subject is male-dominated, we encourage female applicants.
Professor Andreas Kerren, phone number: +46 470 767502, email: andreas.kerren AT lnu.se, or the University website Lnu.se.
Union representatives can be accessed through the University switchboard, 0772-28 80 00.
To be a PhD student means four years of education at research level ending with a PhD degree. The position is a salaried employment with the right to social benefits and paid vacations.
Application must be marked with ref no: PA 2011/74. The application can be submitted to email@example.com or via mail to Registrator, Linnæus University, 351 95 Växjö, Sweden, no later than 2011-03-15. The application must include a cover letter and resume.