2009-16-10: CFP: ACM Symposium on Software Visualization (SoftVis'10) - Posters and Tool Demos
CALL FOR POSTERS and TOOL DEMOS
ACM Symposium on Software Visualization (SoftVis'10)
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, October 25-26, 2010
(collocated with IEEE VisWeek'10, http://vis.computer.org/VisWeek2010)
We invite you to consider presenting a Poster and/or Tool Demo at SoftVis 2010.
Due date: July 14, 2010 (23:59 Apia, Samoa time)
This poster and tool demos session provides an opportunity for participants to present and discuss their research. This event will feature concurrent short presentations by participants organized in poster formats. Each participant will be allowed space on an easel for the poster presentation or space on a table for the tool demo. SoftVis 2010 attendees will be able to wander among the posters and tool demos and talk to presenters about their research.
Software visualization encompasses the development and evaluation of methods for graphically representing different aspects of software, including its structure, its abstract and concrete execution,ipad case and its evolution. The goal of this symposium is to provide a forum for researchers from different backgrounds (HCI, software engineering, programming languages, information visualization, visual analytics, computer science education) to discuss and present original research on software visualization.
Poster presentations and Tool Demos describing research in the following areas are welcome:
- Visualization of algorithms, including numerical, geometric, genetic, distributed and graph algorithms
- Visualization for computer science and software engineering education
- Visualization of data and processes in applications
- Visualization of database schemes
- Visualization of parallel programs
- Visualization of protocols and logs (security, trust)
- Visualization of the software development process
- Visualization of software behavior
- Visualization of software evolution
- Visualization in software engineering, e.g. UML diagrams
- Visualization of software structure
- Visualization of web services
- Visualization of workflow and business processes
- Program visualization
- Program analyses and visualization
- Visual debugging
- Integration of software visualization tools with development environments
- Software visualization on the internet
- Empirical evaluation of software visualization system effectiveness
- Visual software analytics
- Graph drawing algorithms for software visualization
- 3D software visualization
- Authors should prepare poster and tool demo abstracts using the standard ACM SIG Proceedings Template.
- All poster and tool demo abstracts should be submitted electronically.
Due Date: July 14, 2010 (23:59 Apia, Samoa time)
Each poster and tool demo abstract will be read and evaluated by the Poster and Tool Demo Chair. Submissions will be evaluated based on whether the content is original, suitable for the venue and likely to be of interest to the community and to prompt discussion. Authors of abstracts that are not accepted will receive a summary review of their abstract from the chair explaining the decision and providing feedback.
God help me, I put aside a whole afetrnoon to figure this out.
POSTERS AND TOOL DEMOS CHAIR
Craig Anslow, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand