Dear colleagues and friends,
we extended the deadline for the Nokia Ubimedia MindTrek Award Competition to 21st of August 2009! Still a chance for your contribution! To participate is easy: we just need a video of your ubiquitous service...
we reward the best ubicom applications during the MindTrek 2009 conference taking place in October in Finland/Tampere. The award sum is 7.000 Euros plus free travel for the winners. Please find more information below.
feel free to forward this call to your colleagues and friends as well:
Call to participate in the
3rd Nokia Ubimedia MindTrek Awards Competition - Competition deadline EXTENDED: August 21st 2009 - award sum 7.000 Euros for the best ubiquitous applications, products, services, and ideas - just a video of your ubiquitous service needed to participate
September 30th – October 2nd, 2009, Tampere, Finland http://www.mindtrek.org/ubimedia
find previous year's contributions and email list click here: http://webhotel2.tut.fi/emmi/forum/
The purpose of the competition is to encourage makers of digital media to generate ideas and develop new and innovative ubimedia products & services. The entries are expected to take a stand on the following questions, for example:
- How does ubiquitous computing affect media environments?
- What are intelligent media environments like?
- What will the location- and context-aware media services of the future be like?
A few other examples are:
- Pervasive and ubiquitous games
- Ambient installations
- Artistic works related to ubiquitous media and computation
- Business models
- Ambient and ubiquitous media technology
- Ubiquitous and ambient media services, devices, and environments
- Context aware, sensing, and interfaces for ubiquitous computation
- Ergonomics, human-computer interaction designs, and product prototypes
- Software, hardware and middleware framework demonstrations
- Ambient television
The total award sum for the Nokia Ubimedia MindTrek Award is 7 000€. The sum can be awarded to one entry, divided between several entries or not awarded at all if the award criteria set by the jury are not fulfilled.
All ubimedia, ubiquitous, pervasive, or ambient products or product and service concepts which have been finalized during the previous year after 1st January 2008 are eligible to take part in the competition. Competition deadline is August 7th How to participate? Please check out the website http://mindtrek.org/ubimedia