2008-06-23: IEEE VisWeek 2008 - 2nd Call for participation
2nd Call for participation
IEEE VisWeek 2008
19th IEEE Visualization Conference 14th IEEE InfoVis Conference 3rd IEEE VAST Symposium
Oct 19 - 24, 2008 Columbus, Ohio, USA Sponsored by IEEE Computer Society VGTC.
VisWeek 2008 is the premier forum for data and information visualization advances for academia, government, and industry. This event brings together researchers and practitioners with a shared interest in tools, techniques, and technology. The conferences and symposium will include an exciting and informative collection of workshops, tutorials, papers, panels, demonstrations, posters, and exhibitions. We invite you to participate in IEEE Visualization, IEEE Information Visualization, and IEEE Visual Analytics Science and Technology by sharing your research, insights, experience, and enthusiasm in Columbus, Ohio.
Columbus is the home to the main campus of The Ohio State University and the seat of the state government of Ohio. The conference venue, in downtown Columbus, is near to the bustling Short North Arts District, the Arena, and within walking distance to the Brewery District and German village providing attendees many opportunities to co-mingle.
- Raghu Machiraju, The Ohio State University
- Roger Crawfis, The Ohio State University
- Ken Joy, University of California - Davis
- Jarke van Wijk, Eindhoven University of Technology
- David Ebert, Purdue University
- Thomas Ertl, University of Stuttgart
VisWeek will be held October 19-24, 2008, at the Hyatt Regency in Columbus, Ohio. http://columbusregency.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp
The following workshops are going to take place during VisWeek 08:
1) Knowledge Assisted Visualization (KAV)
2) From Theory to Practice: Design, Vision and Visualization
3) Understanding Federal Funding: Agencies, Initiatives, and Peer Review
4) Scientific Workflow with Immersive Interfaces for Visualization
5) Body of Knowledge for Visual Analytics Education
We want to encourage submissions to the individual workshops.
Deadline for submissions to workshops: July 11, 2008.
Please find more information at http://vis.computer.org/VisWeek2008/workshops.html.
- July 1, 2008 Posters; Doctoral Colloquium
- July 11,2008 Workshop Contributions
- Aug 1, 2008 Visualization Contest; Interactive Demos
- Sep 19, 2008 BOFs
- Oct 19, 2008 VisWeek commences
--- Mike Sips Stanford University Gates Computer Science 3B-362 353 Serra Mall Stanford, CA 94305 Phone: (650) 723-7186