2008-01-16: Assistant Professor in New Media Technology; MODUL University Vienna, Austria
The Department of New Media Technology of MODUL University Vienna is seeking two outstanding candidates for joining the faculty as Assistant Professors in New Media Technology. MODUL University Vienna is a recently founded international university located on top of Kahlenberg, a scenic hill overlooking Vienna. It combines a strong academic foundation with state-of-the-art curricula and a commitment to innovation and sustainability as key drivers of success in a dynamic and knowledge-based society. Appointees are expected to make significant contributions to the university's teaching and research activities.
- Doctoral degree in computer science, information systems or a related area (we welcome applicants about to finish their thesis).
- Strong track record and research interest in one or more of the following fields:
- Natural Language Processing, Text Mining, Information Retrieval - Machine Learning, Adaptive Systems, Advanced Knowledge Representation - Social Software, Web 2.0, Virtual Communities - Information Visualization (Document Clustering, Thematic Mapping) - Web Mapping and Geospatial Interfaces
- Experience in managing and supervising software projects; excellent programming skills preferably in Java or Python; database management in distributed Linux environments.
- Teaching experience and the ability to relate to students; excellent written and spoken English (given the university's international orientation, German is not a requirement and English native speakers are particularly encouraged to apply).
- Ambition to produce internationally recognized research output, and willingness to collaborate within an interdisciplinary team.
The position is available from September 2008 onwards (EUR 55,000 per annum; additional allowances are available). Detailed information on the Department of New Media Technology can be found online at: http://www.modul.ac.at/nmt, http://www.geospatialweb.com, http://www.idiom.at and http://www.ecoresearch.net. MODUL University Vienna is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages qualified women to apply. Please send your electronic application including cover letter, curriculum vitae and list of publications to Mag. Gertraud Moser (email@example.com). The closing date is Monday, 31 March 2008.