2006-04-20: Call for Papers - C&G Special Issue on Visual Analytics
CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS
Computers & Graphics - Special Issue on Visual Analytics
vol. 31, no. 3, June 2007
Visual Analytics has become an increasingly important topic on both sides of the Atlantic and beyond. The integration of data mining technology and information visualization is evolving into a foundation for dealing with the rapidly growing amounts of data in very different areas. All scenarios share the basic idea to support the capabilities of the human mind by computer systems, which extract and compile information from heterogeneous sources and present them in an appropriate way to the user. At the technological level, achievements in visualization, data processing and analysis from the last two decades have to be integrated into this emerging field of research.
The International Journal "Computers & Graphics" has decided to dedicate a special issue to Visual Analytics. Contributions to this issue describing original research are solicited that contribute to the technical challenges posed by Visual Analytics. Thus, topics of interest - within the area of Visual Analytics - include, but are not limited to:
- Visual representations and new visual paradigms
- Integration with automated analysis, databases, statistics, design, perception, etc.
- Knowledge representation and semantics
- Data streams, data compression & feature extraction
- Scalability in problem size
- Data quality and uncertainty
- Data provenance
- Problem solving, decision science, human analytic discourse
- Evaluation methods
- User acceptability
- Synthesis of problems in applications
Papers for this special issue will be chosen from the submissions based on their quality and originality. Papers published previously in conferences should contain significant new material, while including the previous version with the submission.
Please submit your manuscript via email to
Your email message should include the paper title, author names, contact author address and email, abstract and attached PDF-file.
- Email expression of interest: as soon as possible
- Submission of contribution: September 17th, 2006 (EXTENDED DEADLINE)
- Notification (accept/reject): October 16th, 2006 (UPDATED - Aug, 25)
- Final manuscripts: December 22nd, 2006
- Publication: June 2007
Please address all questions and correspondence regarding this special issue to: cg-special-issue(at)igd.fraunhofer.de
- Daniel Keim, University of Konstanz
- David Ebert, Purdue University
- Joern Kohlhammer, Fraunhofer IGD