2006-03-20: Webcast by Ben Shneiderman on Information Exploration
Ben Shneiderman presents a one hour webcast on:
The Thrill of Discovery - Accelerating Information Exploration
- Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 11:00 am, Eastern Standard Time (GMT -05:00, New York)
- Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 6:00 pm, Europe Daylight Time (GMT +02:00, Paris)
- Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 8:00 am, Pacific Standard Time (GMT -08:00, San Francisco)
1) systematic strategies for discovery that incorporate the increasingly powerful statistical tools and data mining methods, while accommodating missing and uncertain data.
2) increasingly diverse data types such as time series, patient histories, maps, and social networks, so users can handle a wider array of problems.
3) tighter integration into organizational workflows that amplify individual creativity with the catalytic benefits of social creativity.
These ambitious aspirations are already motivating researchers and inspiring developers. This webcast tours current efforts and proposes grand challenges.
via information aesthetics blog
[Spotfire, 2006] Spotfire, Inc, Event Center, Retrieved at: March 20, 2006. http://www.spotfire.com/webcasts/benx/