2019-05-29: CFP: ACM Intelligent User Interfaces - IUI 2020, Cagliari, Italy
ACM IUI 2020: Call for Papers
- Cagliari, Italy
- March 17-20, 2020
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract: Oct 1, 2019 (compulsory) Paper submission: Oct 8, 2019
ACM IUI 2020
ACM IUI 2020 is the 25th annual premier international forum for reporting outstanding research and development on intelligent user interfaces.
ACM IUI is where the Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) and the Artificial Intelligence (AI) communities meet, with contributions from related fields such as psychology, behavioral science, cognitive science, computer graphics, design, the arts, and more. Our focus is to improve the interaction between humans and digital technology, by leveraging both HCI approaches and state-of-the art AI techniques from machine learning, natural language processing, data mining, knowledge representation and reasoning.
Why you should submit to ACM IUI
While other conferences focus on either the AI or HCI side of this research, we address the complex interaction between the two. We strongly encourage submissions that simultaneously discuss research from both HCI and AI. We also welcome works that focus more on one side or the other, but still highlight the connections between the two. We value papers that contribute to the methodology or theory for evaluation of intelligent user interfaces. We do not require evaluations with users, but we do expect papers to include an appropriate evaluation for their stated contributions.
ACM IUI welcomes contribution from all relevant arenas, academia, industry, government, and non-profit organizations, and gives its participants the opportunity to present and see cutting-edge IUI work in a focused and interactive setting. The conference is large enough to be diverse and lively, but small enough to allow for extensive interaction among attendees and easy attendance to the events that the conference offers, ranging from oral paper presentations, poster sessions, workshops, panels and doctoral consortium for graduate students.
We accept two forms of contributions: long and short papers. They should both make novel contributions to IUI, however long papers should make more substantial and significant contributions. short papers can contain more preliminary and focused contributions.
Accepted papers will appear in the ACM Digital Library and citation indices. A selected set of accepted top quality full papers will be invited to submit their extended versions for publication in an ACM Transactions on Interactive Intelligent Systems (TiiS, http://tiis.acm.org) special issue titled "Highlights of IUI 2020".
IUI topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Application areas
* Education and learning-related technologies * Health and intelligent health technologies * Assistive technologies * Social media technologies * Artificial personal assistants * Information retrieval, search, and recommendation system
- Interface types
* Affective and aesthetic interfaces * Collaborative interfaces * Intelligent wearable and mobile interfaces * Ubiquitous smart environments
* Agent based interfaces (e.g., embodied agents) * Multi-modal interfaces (speech, gestures, eye gaze, face, physiological information etc.) * Conversational interfaces * Tangible interfaces * Intelligent visualization
- Methods and approaches
* Methods for explanations (e.g., transparency, control, and trust ) * Persuasive technologies in IUI * Planning and plan recognition for IUI * Knowledge-based approaches to user interface design and generation * User Modelling for Intelligent Interfaces * User-Adaptive interaction and personalization * Crowd computing and human computation * Human-in-the loop machine learning
- Evaluations of intelligent user interfaces
* Reproducibility * Meta-analysis * Mixed-methods evaluations
- Oct 1, 2019: Abstract deadline (compulsory)
- Oct 8, 2019: Papers deadline
- Dec 12, 2019: Notification
- Jan 17, 2020: Camera ready due
- Mar 17, 2020: Conference starts
Check the submission guidelines on the conference page: https://iui.acm.org/2020/call_for_papers.html.
- Cristina Conati, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Davide Spano, University of Cagliari, Italy
- Nava Tintarev, University of Delft, Netherlands
- Contact: email@example.com