Help:How To Enter News
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Click on the link "edit/add..." below the news entries on the Main Page.
- Insert a story headline (including the current date).
Format: *[[YEAR-MONTH-DATE: TITLE]]
Example: *[[News: 2013-08-27: InfoVis:Wiki upgrades to MediaWiki 1.21.1]]
- "Save page"
- Click newly created Wiki link and edit the text of your entry
- Assign TWO categories to your entry (News + Archive)
- [[Category:News]] (without this, it won't appear in the RSS feed)
- [[Category:YEAR/MONTH]] (this is important for the archive)
- Example: [[Category:News]][[Category:2005/06]]
Story Headline (on Main Page)
*[[News: 2013-08-27: InfoVis:Wiki upgrades to MediaWiki 1.21.1]]
''InfoVis:Wiki'' was upgraded to [http://www.mediawiki.org MediaWiki] version 1.21.1 for reasons of security and reliability. [[Category:News]] [[Category:2013/08]]