2013-12-10: Call for Abstracts: MediViz'14 (11th Int. Conference on Biomedical Visualization), Paris, France, July 15-18, 2014
- Title: 11th International Conference on BioMedical Visualization (MediViz)
- Date: July 15 to 18, 2014
- Location: Paris, wikipedia:France
- Proceedings Publisher: IEEE Computer Society
- Homepage: http://www.graphicslink.co.uk/IV2014/
Paper Abstract (max 800 words) Submission Deadline: December 20, 2013
About MediViz 2014 MediViz is a forum for the presentation of original papers in the theory and applications of visualization to biomedical and biomolecular data and processes. The symposium covers all aspects of visualization, visual analytics and issues affecting interaction with big data from the medical field. We encourage the submission of papers covering novel techniques, old techniques applied in novel ways, new methods, interesting applications and in-depth surveys.
MediViz has evolved rapidly from its original concentration purely on medical visualization and is now a leading interdisciplinary forum for the exchange of ideas and results on visualization in the broader interdisciplinary biomedical sciences pushing forward the boundaries of modern medicine.
Examples of biomedical topics include, but are not limited to:
- Nucleotide and protein sequence alignment, search and variant calling
- Protein structure, interaction, function, sequence analysis
- Signaling pathways, gene regulation, expression, identification and networks
- DNA, RNA structure, function, sequence analysis
- Biochemical and cellular simulations and models
- Structural, functional and comparative genomics
- Biomarkers and drug design
- Systems Biology and Systems Medicine
- Clinical and translational science
- Public and global health
- Computer aided diagnosis
Examples of visualization topics include, but are not limited to:
- Interaction and human factors
- Novel approaches to data exploration
- Visualizations of linked literature, semantics and data
- High-performance computing and parallel rendering
- Volume and flow visualization
- Annotation and labeling
- Overview and detail presentation of predictive or uncertain data
- Comparative methods / user studies / surveys
- Identification of correlated and anomalous relationships in disparate data sets
- Application of previously published methods to analyze experiment-specific data
Conference Proceedings Papers will appear in the Conference Proceedings after oral presentation, following a peer-review process.
The Conference Proceedings will be published by IEEE Computer Society with an ISBN number and will be indexed by IEEE Xplore and other major bibliographical databases. Please visit the Conference website for more information on proceedings (http://www.graphicslink.co.uk/IV2014/IVPublications.htm).
Abstract submissions Please create a login in the EasyChair web site for the conference (https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=medivis2014) and submit your PDF document. Your submission must include a title, abstract and author names and contact information.
- Friday, December 20, 2013 Abstract submission (800 words) through the EasyChair site, for the review process
- Sunday, January 15, 2013 Notification of review outcome
- Friday, March 15, 2014 Submission of the camera-ready version (full papers, typically 6 pages with up to 4 excess pages which may be purchased) through the ConfTool web site (https://www.conftool.net/IV2014/)
At least one of the co-authors is required to register for the Conference by May 20, 2014 and present the paper at the Conference. Individuals may appear as co-authors in more than one paper or poster.
Please do not hesitate to contact one of the co-chairs (listed below) or the Program Administration (IV14@graphicslink.co.uk) should you need any assistance during this process.
We look forward to your submission and participation.
MediViz 2014 Co-Chairs
Urska Cvek, Sc.D. Louisiana State University and Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport Email: ucvek (AT) lsus (DOT) edu
Georges Grinstein, Ph.D. University of Massachusetts Lowell Email: grinstein (AT) cs (DOT) uml (DOT) edu
Andreas Holzinger, Ph.D. Head Research Unit Human-Computer Interaction for Medicine and Health Medical University Graz (MUG) Email: andreas.holzinger (AT) medunigraz (DOT) at
Heimo Mueller, Ph.D. Medical University Graz (MUG) Email: heimo (DOT) mueller (AT) medunigraz (DOT) at
Marjan Trutschl, Sc.D. Louisiana State University and Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport Email: mtrutsch (AT) lsus (DOT) edu