2011-11-21: Job: Researcher/ Developer in interactive visualization at the Helsinki Institute for Information Technology, Finland
Researcher/ Developer in interactive visualization
The Ubiquitous Interaction group at the Helsinki Institute for Information Technology HIIT (University of Helsinki) is looking for a talented developer/ researcher to work within our group in exciting international projects using state of the art technologies. Our project is focused on providing full body gestural interaction with VR environments, cooperating with industry and excellent universities in Europe.
The work will include developing interactive techniques for 3D objects in large screen environments. This role will be mostly development based; however an appreciation of the research and ability to suggest and implement novel ideas will be a distinct advantage.
A mixture of languages is used within the project. A successful candidate is expected to be able to pick up new languages and be proficient in at least two of; C, C++, Java, Python (including Numpy, Scipy). Additionally development experience of OpenGL and/or Unity3D would be advantageous.
In addition it is expected that the successful candidate would:
- Be educated up to a masters level in a related area and have a strong track record of implementing robust solutions
- Experience of DSP techniques
- Speak fluent English
What we offer
- State of the art technology development in multimodality and ubiquitous computing
- Highly collaborative and multi-disciplinary environment (our researchers have degrees in design, computer science, and psychology)
- Close collaboration with international research groups and key industry players
- Academically stimulating environment in the area of human-computer interaction
- Prototype development with trials in real settings
The application deadline is the 30th November 2011. To apply for this position, please send your CV, and if applicable a portfolio of projects, publications with the subject line "Application for Developer in interactive visualization" to: firstname.lastname@example.org
by Giulio Jacucci via CHI-JOBS mailing list