Difference between revisions of "Toolkit Links"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
*[http://selection.datavisualization.ch/ Datavisualization.ch Selected Tools]
*[http://selection.datavisualization.ch/ Datavisualization.ch Selected Tools]
Revision as of 16:54, 15 June 2014
- Great tools for data visualization Comprehensive list (10/2012 @ idea.org)
- Software Toolkits for Infovis 2005 article in Inf@Vis! magazine
- 2004 Workshop on Information Visualization Software Infrastructures
- Open Source Graph or Network Visualization Written in Java
- Open Source Structured Graphics Libraries Written in Java
- 28 Rich Data Visualization Tools (listing by Theresa Neil)
- Datavisualization.ch Selected Tools
- Essential Resources: Programming languages, toolkits and libraries (by Andy Kirk)
- Quadrigram is a visual programming environment to quickly build and share interactive data visualization without the need of programming skills.
- BirdEye is a community project to advance the design and development of a comprehensive open source information visualization and visual analytics library.
- Macrofocus InfoScope is an interactive visualization environment to explore large or complex datasets.
- prefuse: an interactive visualization toolkit prefuse is a user interface toolkit for building highly interactive visualizations of structured and unstructured data.
- the flare visualization toolkit ActionScript 3 libraries for interactive visualizations on the web (based on prefuse)
- InfoVis CyberInfrastructure This web site provides access to a comprehehsive set of software packages easing the exploration, modification, comparison, and extension of data mining and information visualization algorithms.
- The InfoVis Toolkit The InfoVis Toolkit is a Interactive Graphics Toolkit written in Java to ease the development of Information Visualization applications and components.
- Processing is a programming language and environment built for the electronic arts and visual design communities.
- VisAD VisAD is a Java component library for interactive and collaborative visualization and analysis of numerical data. The name VisAD is an acronym for "Visualization for Algorithm Development"
- Improvise Improvise is an information visualization system in which users build and browse multiview visualizations interactively using a simple shared-object coordination mechanism coupled with a flexible, expression-based visual abstraction language.
- VisIt VisIt is a free interactive parallel visualization and graphical analysis tool for viewing scientific data on Unix and PC platforms (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, University of California).
- osx safe mode Efficient and convenient solution which makes the life of Mac users easier.
- NodeBox NodeBox is a Mac OS X application that lets you create 2D visuals (static, animated or interactive) using Python programming code and export them as a PDF or a QuickTime movie. NodeBox is free and well-documented.
- TimeBench provides data structures, algorithms, and visual mappings for time-oriented data.
- JFreeChart JFreeChart is a free Java class library for generating charts.
- JOpenChart Free Java Toolkit and library for embedding charts into different kinds of applications.
- Chart2D Java programming library for visualizing quantitative data using two-dimensional charts.
- JSynoptic renders information graphically. It can be used as a simple graph plotter, or as a complex run-time monitoring environment.
- JpGraph JpGraph is a Object-Oriented Graph creating library for PHP >= 4.3.1
- The Rivet Visualization Environment Visualizing Complex Systems: The Rivet Project (Pat Hanrahan, Stanford University)
- jGLChartUtil A free (LGPL) Java based OpenGL charting tool (Peter McLachlan, University of British Columbia)
- HumbleFinance Dynamic Charts with HTML5, Canvas, and Flotr for Prototype
- Gephi - Graph exploration and manipulation software, is an open-source network visualizer for exploring graph topology and data, creating hi-res printable maps, and organizing your work.
- ConnectomeViewer, is an open-source Python-based software for visualization and analysis of networks occuring in structural and functional neuroimaging, integration of surface, voxel and tract data.
- Tulip Tulip is a powerful, adaptive and extensible framework dedicated to the visualization of large networks. Several domain specific applications have already been derived from its core platform. Its underlying model makes it easy to render networks as hierarchies of graphs, layering nodes and edges over several layers, navigating subgraphs in and out.
- GINY Graph INterface librarY Java Graphing Libraries.
- JUNG - Java Universal Network/Graph Framework a software library that provides a common and extendible language for the modeling, analysis, and visualization of data that can be represented as a graph or network.
- Wilmascope 3D graph visualisation system a Java3D application which creates real time 3d animations of dynamic graph structures.
- Touchgraph TouchGraph provides a hands-on way to visualize networks of interrelated information. Networks are rendered as interactive graphs, which lend themselves to a variety of transformations.
- GVF - The Graph Visualization Framework The Graph Visualization Framework is a set of Java 2 packages that can serve as a foundation for applications that either manipulate graph structures or visualize them.
- JGraph Open Source Java Graph Visualization.
- Walrus Graph Visualization Tool for interactively visualizing large directed graphs in three-dimensional space.
- GUESS: The Graph Exploration System GUESS is an exploratory data analysis and visualization tool for graphs and networks.\
- yEd a java graph editor with lots of options for configuring the display and export of graph images.
- Graphviz-Pixelglow a Macintosh port of the automated graph layout software Graphviz
- Graphviz Open Source graph visualization software
- VTK Home Page The Visualization ToolKit (VTK) is an open source, freely available software system for 3D computer graphics, image processing, and visualization.
- Hydra3D Hydra3D is a 3-dimensional XML visualization and editing tool for UNIX variants and Windows.
- Alice Alice is an innovative 3D programming environment that makes it easy to create an animation for telling a story, playing an interactive game, or a video to share on the web.
- Macrofocus InfoScope is an interactive visualization environment to explore large or complex datasets
- GeoVISTA Studio Project GeoVISTA Studio is an open software development environment designed for geospatial data.
- Exploratory Spatio-Temporal Analysis Toolkit ESTAT is an open-source geovisualization toolkit designed to provide coordinated maps, scatterplots, time series graphs, and parallel coordinate plots in an easy-to-use and dynamic interface.
- GeoViz Toolkit The GeoViz Toolkit features on-the-fly addition of a wide variety of interactive geovisualization tools in an dynamically coordinated environment, allowing analysts to quickly construct visualizations that are customized to their specific needs.
- CartoDB CartoDB is a web platform for creating dynamic maps and developing location aware applications.
- MapBox Design maps in the cloud, publish in minutes.
Zoomable User Interface Toolkits
- Zomit: A Zoomable User Interface Zomit is a generic package for developing zoomable user interfaces (ZUIs) that can aid in navigating large information spaces.
- Piccolo Piccolo (formerly Jazz) is an open-source Java 2 toolkit from HCIL that supports the development of 2D structured graphics programs in general, and Zoomable User Interfaces (ZUIs) in particular.
- ZVTM - Zoomable Visual Transformation Machine The ZVTM is a Zoomable User Interface (ZUI) toolkit implemented in Java, designed to ease the task of creating complex visual editors in which large amounts of objects have to be displayed, or which contain complex geometrical shapes that need to be animated.
- SIMILE Timeline Timeline is a DHTML-based AJAX widget for visualizing time-based events.
- Tiki-Toki Tiki-Toki is web-based software for creating beautiful interactive timelines that you can share on the internet.
- Dipidity Dipity is a free digital timeline website. Users can create, share, embed and collaborate on interactive, visually engaging timelines that integrate video, audio, images, text, links, social media, location and timestamps.
- MASON is a fast discrete-event multiagent simulation library core in Java, designed to be the foundation for large custom-purpose Java simulations, and also to provide more than enough functionality for many lightweight simulation needs. MASON contains both a model library and an optional suite of visualization tools in 2D and 3D.