Difference between revisions of "Task"
(added Action Taxonomy by [Gotz and Zhou, 2009])
|Line 83:||Line 83:|
== References ==
== References ==
Latest revision as of 14:32, 31 May 2012
There are a number of different task taxonomies in InfoVis at different levels of granularity.
Task Taxonomy of Relational Information Displays
by: [Zhang, 1996] based on [Carswell and Wickens, 1988]
There are three major types of display tasks:
- information retrieval
- information integration
High-level tasks / purposes / goals of Visualization
Sources: [Schumann and Müller, 2000], [Keim et al., 2006]
On the interplay between task and representation
Analytic Gaps and Knowledge Tasks
Source: [Amar and Stasko, 2004]
- The Rationale Gap: No “Black Boxes”
- The Worldview Gap: Show The Wider Perspective
- Rationale-Based Tasks
- Expose Uncertainty
- Concretize Relationships
- Formulate Cause And Effect
- Worldview-Based Tasks
- Determination Of Domain Parameters
- Multivariate Explanation
- Confirm Hypotheses
Analytic Task Taxonomy
Source: [Amar et al., 2005]
- Retrieve Value
- Compute Derived Value
- Find Extremum
- Determine Range
- Characterize Distribution
- Find Anomalies
Source: [Gotz and Zhou, 2009]
- Data Exploration Actions
- Visual Exploration Actions
- Visual Insight Actions
- Knowledge Insight Actions
The short answer is yes. There are apenailcps out there that will allow you to edit video without a pc. You probably could find some equipment on E-bay if you type in Linear editing equipment, Lanc edit controlers, etc.The problem is you will need a controller two monitors and two decks. (One being a player and one being the record deck.) In addition you will probably need a stand alone DVD burner. I have not done a price check on that recently, but I know at one point you were looking at around two grand for that type of equipment used. (That was amatuer equipment, for professional equipment you were looking at a lot more money.) For about the same amount of money you can purchase a nonlinear system like a casablanca. My only issue with an appliance like that is they are difficult to upgrade and don't play well with other things like photo editing software.I think you would be better off buying a MAc Mini for $600 with extra memory, and a Super Drive DVD burner. It comes with I-movie and I-DVD which are great stand alone editing and authoring programs for beginers. The CPU is small and with a KVM Swicth you can use the same Keyboard mouse and monitor as your PC. Less money than a linear system, More controlable than a linear system, Less space than an editing appliance like a casablanca, and upgradeable. Whats to loose?TonyPS. Linear systems are faster than non-linear systems for event style videography like weddings or church services. especially if you only want to add titles.
- [Amar and Stasko, 2004] R. Amar and J. Stasko, "A knowledge task-based framework for design and evaluation of information visualizations," in the IEEE Symposium on Information Visualization (INFOVIS'04). IEEE Computer Society, 2004, pp. 143-150. [Online]. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/INFOVIS.2004.10
- [Amar et al., 2005] R. Amar, J. Eagan, and J. Stasko, "Low-level components of analytic activity in information visualization," in 2005 IEEE Symposium on Information Visualization (INFOVIS'05), 2005, pp. 15+. [Online]. Available: http://doi.ieeecomputersociety.org/10.1109/INFOVIS.2005.24
- [Carswell and Wickens, 1988] Carswell, C. M. & Wickens, C. D. (1988). Comparative graphics: History and applications of perceptual integrality theory and the proximity compatibility hypothesis (TR ARL-88-2/AHEL-88-1). Aviation Research Laboratory, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- [Gotz and Zhou, 2009] D. Gotz and M. X. Zhou, "Characterizing users visual analytic activity for insight provenance," Information Visualization, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 42-55, 2009. [Online]. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1057/ivs.2008.31
- [Keim et al., 2006] Keim, D.A.; Mansmann, F. and Schneidewind, J. and Ziegler, H., Challenges in Visual Data Analysis, Proceedings of Information Visualization (IV 2006), IEEE, p. 9-16, 2006.
- [Schumann and Müller, 2000] Heidrun Schumann and Wolfgang Müller, Visualisierung - Grundlagen und allgemeine Methoden. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2000.
- [Zhang, 1996] Zhang, J. 1996. A representational analysis of relational information displays. Int. J. Hum.-Comput. Stud. 45, 1 (Jul. 1996), 59-74. DOI= http://dx.doi.org/10.1006/ijhc.1996.0042