News:2016-01-19: Job: Junior Researcher (PhD Position) in Information Visualization/Mobile Computing, St. Poelten University of Applied Sciences, Austria
For research projects in the Institute of Creative Media Technologies (IC\M/T) we are looking for an ambitious Junior Researcher (PhD candidate) in the field of Information Visualization and Mobile Computing.
- Collaboration on various F&E-projects of the IC\M/T, mainly in the FWF project VisOnFire in the field of Information Visualization
- Design of new methods for interactive visualizations and mobile applications (concepts and interaction design)
- Prototypical implementation, testing and evaluation of developed methods in particular with web technologies
- Survey, evaluate, and utilize current research
- Write scientific publications and reviews
- Present research results at conferences
- Networking with a representation in the scientific community
- To a smaller extent participation in teaching and supervision of student projects and theses
- If necessary, contribute to proposals for new research projects
- University degree in computer science, information systems or an equivalent university degree that qualifies to enroll as a Ph.D. student
- Knowledge of or interest in at least one of the following topics are essential: Information Visualization, Human-Computer Interaction, Usability Engineering, Mobile Computing
- Advanced English speaking and writing skills
- Ability to work as an independent and flexible researcher in interdisciplinary teams
- Experience in the development of mobile solutions (web, iOS, Android) ideally in conjunction with Context Based Computing (for example Location Based Services (LBS))
- Knowledge or interest on one or more of the following topics are desirable: Bioinformatics, Medical Informatics
- Basic proficiency of the German language or the willingness to learn it (for international applicants)
On offer is a temporary appointment of 3 years (March 1st, 2015 to February 28th, 2019) in a dynamic environment of an ambitious and achievement-oriented university of applied sciences. In this task, you start as a junior researcher with career development opportunities regarding to our career model. The PhD student will be encouraged to pursue his or her PhD studies at the Vienna University of Technology, a leading technical university in Austria. (Conditions are predefined by the project; PhD/Doctoral degree externally, the supervision can be provided by St. Pölten UAS.) The junior researcher will work as part of a team of researchers lead by Dr. Wolfgang Aigner.
St. Pölten UAS is not subject to a collective wage agreement. The frame of negotiation is determined by the guidelines of the FWF, and is currently € 2.700 gross per month. St. Pölten UAS aims at increasing the proportion of women and especially invites qualified women to apply. The position is also possible for qualified individuals with disabilities.
The work place is located at the campus of the St. Poelten University of Applied Sciences – a new, architecturally interesting, and well-lit environment, offering everything a researcher could possibly hope to find. St. Poelten University of Applied Sciences was founded in 1996 and currently has approx. 2,300 enrolled students. Study opportunities comprise degree programmes and continuing education courses in the fields of media technology, media management, IT security, simulation, rail transport, health and social sciences. The campus is located in the center of St Poelten, which is reachable by train from Vienna in approx. 30 minutes.
Please send us your complete written application including a CV and a photo via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org