News:2015-07-07: CFP: ICDM DAVA 2015 - International Workshop on DAta mining meets Visual Analytics at big data era (Deadline: 20 July 2015)
International Workshop on DAta mining meets Visual Analytics at big data era (DAVA 2015)
In Conjunction with ICDM 2015
Atlantic City, USA, 14 November 2015
Full paper submission: Jul 20, 2015
Author notification: Sep 1, 2015
Workshop date: Nov 14, 2015
The world is awash with big data now – we are generating ten exabytes of data in a variety of different forms every day. In this wave, there is a trend to integrate the data mining methods with interactive visualizations to advance the so-called visual analytics (VA) technology. The VA technique enjoys the joint advantage of the human intelligence and the machine’s computational power. Various aspects of the data mining method need to be inspected, justified, organized and evaluated for a successful VA system. This workshop will bring together interdisciplinary researchers from academy, research labs and practice to share, exchange, learn, and develop preliminary results, new concepts, ideas, principles, and methodologies on applying data mining technologies to help advance the visual analytics technology. Researchers and practitioners on the domain of data mining, machine learning, visualization, user interface etc., are welcome to attend, no specific background knowledge is required.
The topics of this workshop include, but not limited to, the following:
- Big data mining and visual analytics, theory and foundations
- Knowledge discovery with data mining and visual analytics technologies
- Fusion, mining and visualization of rich and heterogeneous data source
- Security and privacy issues in data mining and visual analytics systems
- Information, social and biological graph mining and visualization
- Novel methods on visualization-oriented data mining
- Visual representations and interaction techniques of data mining results
- Data management, knowledge representation, e.g., scalable data representations
- Mathematical foundations and algorithms of data mining for visual analysis
- Analytical reasoning including human analytic and collaborative visual analytics
- Evaluation methods for data mining algorithms and visual analytics systems
- Applications of visual analytics and data mining techniques, including but not limited to applications in science, engineering, public safety, commerce, etc.
Submitted manuscripts must be formatted in IEEE 2-column format (4~6 pages) and must be submitted via ICDM 2015 workshop submission site as PDF files. Submitted papers can be in all areas of Data Mining/Visual Analytics, but can not have been previously published in or be under consideration for publication in another journal or conference. The workshop Program Committee reserves the right to not review papers that either exceed the length specification or have been submitted or published elsewhere. Submissions must include a title, abstract, keywords, author(s) and affiliation(s) with postal and e-mail address(es).
Each submission will receive at least three independent reviews from the international TPC. At least one of the authors of every accepted paper must register and present their work at ICDM 2015 workshop venue. Accepted and registered workshop papers will be published in the workshop proceeding of the ICDM 2015 that has already been accepted in the IEEE Conference Publication Program. The DAVA 2015 organization committee will select one paper of the highest quality to receive the DAVA 2015 best paper award ($300).
Organizers: General Chair: Charu Aggarwal (IBM Research) Program Chair: Lei Shi (Chinese Academy of Sciences), Hanghang Tong (Arizona State University), Cody Dunne (IBM Research) Web Chair: Qingsong Liu (Chinese Academy of Sciences)
More information can be found in DAVA’15 Website: http://vis.ios.ac.cn/DAVA15/