Data Visualization Links
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 09:43, 16 April 2007 by Iwolf (Reverted edit of 188.8.131.52, changed back to last version by Iwolf)
- The Work of Edward Tufte and Graphics Press
- Gallery of Data Visualization The Best and Worst of Statistical Graphics
- Data Visualization Portal DM Review Magazine
- Verweise zu "Graphische Präsentation von Daten" List of links and articles related to the graphical representation of data
- Recommendations for Your Data Visualization Bookshelf (Article by Stephen Few)
- Gapminder Gapminder is a non-profit venture for development and provision of free software that visualise human development.
- Data Visualization Search Search engine for everything Data Visualization. Narrows down searches to known good sources. - Please contribute links to search.
- Many Eyes for shared visualization and discovery
- Data360 A platform for storing, tracking and reporting your data.
- Swivel Swivel is a Web site for curious people to explore data.
- Tufte Design Principles
- Elegance Through Simplicity Article about redesigning graphs (by Stephen Few)
- DISCUSS Charts and Graphs - Introduction Good Graphs, Bad Graphs, Ugly Graphs
- DISCUSS Charts and Graphs - Philosophy Tell the Truth, Design Variation, Data Ink, Data Density
- The Information Cannot Speak for Itself Article about about effective data presentation (by Stephen Few)
- Common Mistakes in Data Presentation (by Stephen Few)
- Tapping the Power of Visual Perception Why do people respond to some forms of presentation better than others? (by Stephen Few)
- Eenie, Meenie, Minie, Moe: Selecting the Right Graph for Your Message Don't rely on arbitrary decisions to pick your data presentation method. By categorizing your message type and applying the correct design solutions, you can remove all the guesswork.(by Stephen Few)
- What is the data-ink ratio?
- Graphics and Web Design Based on Edward Tufte's Principles
- How NOT to Lie with Visualization
- Data Visualization: Quantitative vs. Categorical Data: A Difference Worth Knowing Column published in DM Review Magazine, April 2005 Issue By Stephen Few
- Data Visualization: Grid Lines in Graphs are Rarely Useful Column published in DM Review Magazine, February 2005 Issue By Stephen Few
- Data Visualization: Bad Graphs: The Stealth Virus Column published in DM Review Magazine, January 2005 Issue By Stephen Few
- Designing Tables NC State University LabWrite Resources
- Graph Types Selecting a Graph Type, NC State University LabWrite Resources
- Bar Graphs, Histograms NC State University LabWrite Resources
- Line Graphs and Scatter Plots NC State University LabWrite Resources
- Revising your Visuals NC State University LabWrite Resources
- Using Error Bars in your Graph NC State University LabWrite Resources
- The Surest Path to Visual Discovery by Stephen Few illustrating the Visual Information-Seeking Mantra
- BizViz: The Power of Visual Business Intelligence by Stephen Few about a few simple data analysis techniques using Spotfire
- Data Visualization: Rules for Encoding Values in Graph by Stephen Few
- Effectively Communicating Numbers - Selecting the Best Means and Manner of Display by Stephen Few