Difference between revisions of "2019-02-04: CFP: EuroVA 2019, Deadline Mar. 7, 2019"
(Created page with "= EuroVA 2019 Workshop = [http://www.eurova.org EuroVA 2019] is the tenth international EuroVis Workshop on Visual Analytics. It will take place on Monday, June 3, 2019 in P...")
|Line 90:||Line 90:|
'''EuroVA 2019''': [http://www.eurova.org/eurova-2019]
'''EuroVA 2019''': [http://www.eurova.org/eurova-2019]
Latest revision as of 16:05, 18 February 2019
EuroVA 2019 Workshop
EuroVA 2019 is the tenth international EuroVis Workshop on Visual Analytics.
It will take place on Monday, June 3, 2019 in Porto, Portugal and is co-located with EuroVis 2019 ().
Visual Analytics is a problem-solving and sense-making technology that integrates analytical computations, visual representations, and interaction. It includes the analysis of complex (massive, dynamic, uncertain, ?) data and information for gaining understanding, building knowledge, and inferring insight. Visual Analytics aims at a synergistic collaboration of humans and computers mediated through interactive visual interfaces. As such, Visual Analytics is an interdisciplinary field of research, including aspects of visualization, human-computer interaction, statistics and mathematics, data management and knowledge representation, data analysis and machine learning, cognitive and perceptual sciences, and more.
EuroVA 2019 is the premier workshop to present and discuss fresh ideas on new methods and theories, novel applications, designs, and studies on the use of Visual Analytics methods and systems. The workshop will accept a wide range of contributions within the broad area of Visual Analytics, including novel techniques, systems, applications, evaluation studies and methods, and theoretical foundations, as well as fresh viewpoints on future challenges and critical reflections.
Proceedings will be published in EG Digital Library. As a new development this year, selected papers will be invited to submit an extended paper to a special issue of ACM TiiS. Call for Submissions
EuroVA, a premiere workshop on Visual Analytics, is celebrating its 10th anniversary!
The workshop seeks to attract innovative, fresh and creative ideas with a high potential of becoming significant contributions to the Visual Analytics community.
We welcome a wide range of contributions within the broad area of Visual Analytics, including research papers presenting novel techniques or systems, evaluation studies and methods, and theoretical foundations, application papers, that describe success stories of Visual Analytics in practice, as well as fresh position papers expressing novel and potentially controversial viewpoints on Visual Analytics. Topics
The workshop covers a broad range of topics in the area of Visual Analytics including, but not limited to:
- User aspects in Visual Analytics
- Scalable Visual Analytics
- Visual Analytics for machine learning & machine learning for Visual Analytics
- Decision making through Visual Analytics
- Visual Analytics of streaming data
- Uncertainty-aware Visual Analytics
- Visual Analytics in Data Science
- Interaction techniques and novel data representations for data analysis
- Visual analysis of analytical processes and provenance
- Infrastructures, systems, frameworks, and architectures for Visual Analytics
- Data management, data provenance, and data uncertainty
- Evaluation of Visual Analytics
- Methodologic and theoretical foundations of Visual Analytics
- Visual Analytics applications, such as sports, medicine, biology, finance, security, telecommunication, travel, ?
Of special interest this year are also papers relating to interpretability and explainability issues in the use of algorithms within decision making processes and a number of specific topics in this area could be, but not limited to:
- Role of interactive visualization in interpretable and explainable Machine Learning
- Consideration of human factors in making decisions with Machine Learning algorithms
- Facilitating Algorithmic Transparency and Accountability through Visual Analytics
- Novel forms of representation and interaction for supporting non-experts in interpreting complex algorithmic results
- Visual analytics for interactive, informed model building
- Uncertainty-aware visual analytics for the consideration of inherent uncertainty in data and algorithms
Submission: March 7, 2019
Notification: April 10, 2019
Camera-ready: April 24, 2019
Workshop: June 3, 2019
All submission deadlines are at 23:59 GMT on the date indicated.
Papers, 4 pages in length + 1 extra page for references (maximum) must be prepared using the EuroVA LaTeX template, which can be downloaded here: download link <http://www.eurova.org/wp-content/uploads/egPublStyle-EuroVA2018.zip>
Papers are to be submitted via the new PCS at https://new.precisionconference.com/eurova19a. The submissions should be double-blind. Publication and Special Issue Papers
At least one author of an accepted paper must register and participate in the workshop to present the accepted work. The EuroVA 2019 Workshop
The authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their paper to a special issue of ACM Transactions on Interactive Intelligent Systems (TiiS) (https://tiis.acm.org/) with the title ?Interactive Visual Analytics for Making Explainable and Accountable Decisions?.
- Tatiana von Landesberger, Technische Universit?t Darmstadt, Germany
- Cagatay Turkay, City, University of London, UK
- Michael Behrisch, Harvard University
- Daniel Keim, University of Konstanz Germany
- J?rn Kohlhammer, Fraunhofer IGD, Germany
EuroVA 2019: