2008-12-11: 1st International Symposium Information Visualization Evaluation (IVE) Call for Papers
Evaluation is now recognized as an important aspect within the information visualization community. However, work with the primary focus on such efforts is scarce and so is its acknowledgment. The aim of the IVE symposium is to provide a forum specifically devoted to the dissemination and exchange of research on theoretical and applied areas of evaluation of information visualization. The goal is to promote insights and reports from evaluation to advance a successful design and use of methods for information visualization.
Submissions to this symposium are invited in the range of areas at the intersection of evaluation, information visualization, perception and interaction. Submissions should have a main focus on evaluation and are encouraged to entail a full coverage of all aspects important for understanding the work undertaken, for example an experimental study should be described at a sufficient level of detail to allow it to be replicable.
The symposium seeks original papers in all areas concerning information visualization evaluation. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Empirical investigations of user prerequisites for dealing adequately with information visualization techniques
- Evaluations of new or already existing techniques
- Evaluation metrics and tools
- Development of benchmark tasks
- Development and usage of test data sets
- Lessons learned from performed evaluations
- Survey of existing evaluation methods
- Dr. Camilla Forsell, Linköping University, Sweden
- Dr. Jimmy Johansson, Linköping University, Sweden
- Professor Mats Lind, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Professor Carla M.D.S Freitas, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS), Brazil
- Dr. Christian Tominski, University of Rostock, Germany