2007-06-28: Job offer: Researcher/Lecturer in Information Vizualization (Vienna, Austria)
Researcher/Lecturer in Information Visualization and Geospatial Web Technology
The Department of New Media Technology of MODUL University Vienna is seeking outstanding candidates for the position of a Researcher and Lecturer in Information Visualization and Geospatial Web Technology.
MODUL University Vienna is a recently founded international university located on top of Kahlenberg, a scenic hill overlooking Vienna. The university combines a strong academic foundation with state-of-the-art curricula and a commitment to innovation and sustainability as key drivers of success in a dynamic and knowledge-based society. Appointees are expected to make significant contributions to the university's teaching and research activities.
- A degree in computer science, information systems or a related area
- Excellent programming skills, preferably in Java or Python
- Excellent written and spoken English (German is not a requirement).
- Specialization in one or more of the following fields:
- Information Visualization (Thematic Mapping)
- Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Web Mapping and Geospatial Interfaces
- Textual Statistics, Natural Language Processing, Document Clustering
- Ambition to produce internationally recognized research output, and willingness to collaborate within an interdisciplinary team.
The position is available from 1 August 2007, or from a mutually agreed later date. Initially, contracts are offered for the duration of one year. PhD candidates receive between € 25,000 and € 34,000 per annum; additional allowances are available. Further details on the research focus can be found at the following Web sites: http://www.geospatialweb.com, http://www.idiom.at, http://www.ecoresearch.net and http://kmi.tugraz.at/avalon. Teaching experience in English is beneficial but not a requirement.
Please send your application (cover letter, curriculum vitae including academic track record and list of publications and/or projects) to the Deputy Managing Director, Ms Wilma Habitzl, Peter-Jordan Straße 78, 1190 Vienna, Austria. Electronic applications to office (at) modul.ac.at are preferred. MODUL University Vienna is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages qualified women to apply.
MODUL University Vienna Department of New Media Technology c/o Peter-Jordan Straße 78, 1190 Vienna Tel: +43-1-47670-257, Fax: +43-1-47670-258 (w) http://www.modul.ac.at, (e) office (at) modul.ac.at