Difference between revisions of "2006-04-24: Open Research and Teaching Assistant/PhD Candidate position at Danube University Krems, Austria"
|Line 73:||Line 73:|
Latest revision as of 15:52, 19 April 2007
The Department of Information and Knowledge Engineering at Danube-University Krems (Austria, www.donau-uni.ac.at) announces a Research and Teaching Assistant/PhD Candidate position within the area of Visual Analytics with particular focus on the analytical component.
Conditions of admission: required education/skill set
- are a university graduate (at the diploma or master of science level) in Computer Science, Information Systems, or an equivalent University study.
- have programming experience in Java
- are fluent in the English language and eager to communicate your work both orally and in written form.
- are interested in and enjoy scientific working
- should perform research and teaching in the field of Visual Analytics with particular focus on the analytical component (Machine Learning, Information Mining, Statistics, and explorative Data Analysis) and Information Visualization
- have knowledge or the willingness to quickly become acquainted with research explained above
- design and write scientific publications
- design and write research proposals
- participate in scientific and consulting projects
- help to establish the new founded Department of Information and Knowledge Engineering and its research and teaching activities
Closing date for applications: April 28, 2006
Send your applications (with the usual application documents, include a statement of interest, full CV - list of subjects taken at university plus grades, publications, etc.) to:
Personalabteilung der Donau Universitaet Krems
in an email to
daniela.placht (at) donau-uni.ac.at
We encourage to send your application in electronic form.
The Danube-University Krems aims for enhancing the number of women in scientific positions and therefore particularly invites women to apply. Women who are as qualified for the position in question as male applicants will be given priority.
Applicants are not entitled to claim reimbursement of traveling expenses and/or other costs caused by the application procedures.
If you have any more questions, please contact
Univ.-Prof. Silvia Miksch, PhD. MSc.
Department of Information & Knowledge Engineering
(with particular consideration of Health Care)
A-3500 Krems, Austria
phone: +43 (0) 2732-893-2450
fax: +43 (0) 2732-893-4450
email: silvia.miksch (at) donau-uni.ac.at